1. We prosecute criminals who commit felony crimes. These are
crimes of a serious nature such as murder, robbery, rape, child
molestation, drugs, burglary and other crimes for which people can be
sent to the state prison system.
2. We give legal advise to law enforcement agencies.
3. We conduct educational programs for schools, religious, and
civic groups on criminal topics.
4. We handle bad check cases (see
check web page here).
5. We provide assistance to victims of crime. (See victims assistance web page here).
6. We assist other law enforcement agencies in the
investigation of complex crimes or crimes of an extremely serious
DISTRICT ATTORNEY CAN NOT PROVIDE
1. We can not give you legal advice on civil (Non Criminal) and
divorce cases. This is prohibited by law.
2. We can not recommend an attorney or bail bondsman to you.
3. We do not normally prosecute misdemeanor cases (Less serious
criminal cases) handled in municipal or justice court. The city or
county prosecuting attorney prosecutes these cases.
4. We do not write letters asking for people to be released from
prison or have their sentences changed.
5. We do not give oral or written opinions to private citizens on
whether or not it is legal to do a particular thing. You must consult a
private attorney for that advise.