Welcome to the District Attorney’s Office
The 15th Circuit Court District Attorney’s Office serves Jefferson Davis, Lamar, Lawrence, Marion and Pearl River Counties in Mississippi with a population of more than 164,000. We are located in the South Central portion of the the state, covering over 2,844 square miles.
This site was created for the citizens of our district to use as a resource guide, especially those citizens who have been victims of crime. The men and women of the 15th District Attorney’s Office work hard with the common goal of providing justice for victims of crime. This site provides pertinent information regarding victim services, and quick facts about how to report check fraud, provide restitution for worthless checks, add-on court, and pay court costs.
Services We Provide
- We prosecute criminals who commit felony crimes. These are crimes of a serious nature such as murder, robbery, rape, child molestation, drugs, burglary and other crimes for which people can be sent to the state prison system.
- We give legal advice to law enforcement agencies.
- We conduct educational programs for schools, religious, and civic groups on criminal topics.
- We handle bad check cases. Click Here
- We provide assistance to victims of crime. Click Here
- We assist other law enforcement agencies in the investigation of complex crimes or crimes of an extremely serious nature.
Services We Do Not Provide
- We can not give you legal advice on civil (Non Criminal) and divorce cases. This is prohibited by law.
- We can not recommend an attorney or bail bondsman to you.
- We do not normally prosecute misdemeanor cases (Less serious criminal cases) handled in municipal or justice court. The city or county prosecuting attorney prosecutes these cases.
- We do not write letters asking for people to be released from prison or have their sentences changed.
- We do not give oral or written opinions to private citizens on whether or not it is legal to do a particular thing. You must consult a private attorney for that advise.